Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Sacred Cow.

So yesterday Owen poses the question "do you ever wonder what the guy who discovered milk was doing with the cow?" Then the conversation turned into the whole Macaroni /Cheese and Adam/Eve thing.
The cow was just minding his business until some guy decided to stroke his utters. He had to look under the thing and see the resemblence of his own anatomy and thought to himself "I stroke something that looks like that because Eve is too busy cooking macaroni and cheese and they definately do not resemble her breasts. Wow it has more than one and I thought this beast was just good on a bun with a side of onion rings."
Now I can't imagine what gave him the brilliant idea to drink what came out of the utters. Not that he could drink out of his *cough* utter. Well he could but that is disgusting.

I have spent too much time thinking on this and less time thinking about my own problems. See I have this cow. To me, its meat. Just a big slap of bloody meat that I want to sink my teeth into and take a bite. If I was that man, that's all I would consider it for. Food. Survival. Do not attempt to go under its belly to figure out what those things were for. I don't need to know. But no...Owen had to go and put my hand on the utter and make me want to get and drink the milk. I was fine with no milk for awhile.
Burke gave me milk but never made me get it for myself. It was handed to me and he comanded me to drink it. He let me cut the hell up out of that cow. When he left, I didn't need to drink from the cow. I was full. I wasn't thristy. I didn't need it. I just needed the cow. The meat. And it was good.

So now here is my dilemma. Meat or Milk? I want the milk, but my carnal instinct to survive has me convinced that I can with just the meat. That I don't need the milk, but I do. Moreso I want the milk, but if I kill the sacred cow, I won't have the milk. I need both. I want both. And he just can't get me another cow make me believe the milk is good from that one so I kill my cow for meat, then take his cow away.

What scares me is there won't be any cow left at all. That I will remain hungry and thirsty and he will give his cow to someone else to drink from.
And all I will be left with is the carcass of my dead cow with flies circling around it.

Owen, I want my milk, the cow and eat from it too. To answer your question maybe he wanted just the same thing I do. An all inclusive cow.

0 comments: